dinsdag 16 september 2014

Indian Summer

I hope I didn't bore you with that last post. It was a tad bit long. Kudos if you made it to the end. I've decided to add a link to the song I ramble on about anyway, in the comments section, for those of you who don't know what I'm on about.

Today I enjoyed a fantastically sunny day with friends, sitting outside on a terrace on a nice square in my hometown. I spent most of the afternoon talking to a good friend of mine who had just broken up with her boyfriend. I tried to be the best friend I could, and came up with a theory about how I would deal with the situation if I were she. It seemed like the appropriate thing to do. Knowing very well that we each have to walk our own path, and my advice will offer little more than a bit of comfort. It can hardly be taken at face value.

I mentioned to her that I was writing this blog. In English. And for the second time it felt weird to tell a friend I was writing in a language other than our own. I'm pretty sure that part of the reason I'm writing this in English is that writing in my own language is a less technical, and therefore an even more personal endeavour. Another part is that I've been in love with the English language since forever. I clearly remember being six years old, on a climber on the playground, blabbing away to my dumbfounded little friends in what I was convinced was English.

Sort of like what I'm doing here, only even less comprehensible.


In any case, here’s another resolution, as that seems to be the thread that links all these little ramblings of mine; I’m going to start blogging in Dutch too. And I’m not going to keep blogging daily on here. I’ll think of a feasible rhythm, but I’m thinking maybe three English posts and two Dutch ones each week.

We’ll see.


Oh, tomorrow (Wednesday) I’m going to an Interim office to be tested, to see what kind of job would be fitting for me. So fingers crossed. Light a candle. Wish me luck. See you tomorrow.

Here's a picture of me, diving through a crevice.

Little old me, under the sea.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten